Organizations developing civic and citizen-oriented technological solutions, commonly known as civic tech, now constitute a fully-fledged economic sector.
The civic tech platforms grow quickly but they do not have collective representation. ACTE aims to be the sector’s privileged interlocutor of public authorities and stakeholders of the sector at the European level. Our common objectives are :
● Structure and represent the sector within the European Union;
● Guarantee the original vocation of civic tech by focusing on their democratic purpose;
● Respect the differences in culture and approach of each individual;
● Strengthen and multiply civic tech platforms in all Member States;
● Foster the acculturation of civic tech in order to create new links between public decision-makers and citizens and strengthen the participatory dimension of our European democracies.
Conditions and pre-requisites to join ACTE
Become a member
Civic tech platforms and organizations developing technological solutions with a civic engagement within the European Union can join the association as a member. Members are responsible for the major decisions concerning the association via their voting power and attendance at the general assembly. The membership fee for a member is 1 000 euros for the first year.
Become a partner
Academic players, associations, media, and companies having an interest in the objectives of the association can join it as a partner. Partners support the sector and the association by joining in the events, campaigns and other actions undertaken by the association. There is no fee for the partners.